Sunday, July 21, 2013

5 Days

Im finally in Malaysia! After a long day of travel we (8 other participants from the US) arrived in Kuala Lumpuron Thursday the 18th. The climate, the smells, and the sights were and continue to be so surprising and overwhelming. Yet they are part of this new country and I hope that it wont be long until I am used to it all. Since we were one of the few groups that arrived early we were given the chance to rest for an hour and shower and go out to the city center for a few hours until everyone else arrived. Walking down the street was a feat on its own, the humidity makes you feel really sticky and gross, they dont lie when they say you will want to shower often! Surprisingly the humidity is very easy to get used to.

Anyways, I feel like I am rambling on...these past four days have been full of orientations. I feel like we have covered almost every corner there is. From our National PDO to conference calls to the gateway to our arrival orientation. At our arrival orientation we met students from all over- Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Iceland, Greenland, Costa Rica, Argentina, BiH, Czech Republic, France, Italy, etc. it was really good to get to know the people we will be sharing this experience with.

Sunday was our last day of orientation and we met our chapter leaders and well the other people going to the same chapter. Then we had the handing over ceremony where we met our host families for the first time. I met my host father and host sister and then we drove to my new home were I met my host mother and host grandfather. It is very hard to explain all the emotions and feelings but I know that anyone who has gone through an exchange or similar experience understands. I know this is not a very helpful post but I just wanted to say I am finally here and well.

P.S I dont have many pictures yet because I always forgot to take some. But I will post them soon! Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment