Friday, July 12, 2013

3 Days

Where did my time go? I still haven't fully processed the fact that this was my last week in Chicago. I still feel like it is April and I barely found out about my finalist standing. I apologize for not writing about the PDO which was pretty fun and interesting. I kind of flew back to Chicago and was in a frenzy to tie some loose ends. Lately I have been spending time with my friends, it took me a while to realize how much I do rely on them for the smallest of things- be it going out to eat with one of them to have one of them walk with me to the corner store.

Anyways, I have three days until I fly out to Los Angeles for my gateway orientation! Then we arrive in Kuala Lumpur July 18th! I think, I tend to mix up dates. I received an email from my temporary host mom Wednesday. I will be living with my host parents, host grandparents, and a host sister who is relatively close in age! I am pretty excited, although a bit bummed out that it is only a welcome family. Either way, I will enjoy my experience. Oh, I will be living in Shah Alam with a few other AFS exchange students (not from the US) and that's about 40 minutes from KL.

I still haven't finalized my packing. I don't know how to pack for four days, now imagine me trying to pack for 10 months? I need to figure that out as soon as possible!

3 days until I am on my way to Malaysia. 3 days until I become part of someone else's family. 3 days till my next adventure begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment