Monday, April 29, 2013

Timeline

So I have been thinking for the past two weeks of how much of a horrible blogger I am. I’m sorry, I honestly keep forgetting I am going to Malaysia this summer for a whole year. Let’s do a quick timeline of what got me to this point:
April 2012- Rejected from NSLI-Y Russia Summer. On the email I learned about YES Abroad and CBYX
May 2012-  Creep on the finalist for the 2012-2013 because I honestly had nothing better to do…studying for APs didn’t count.
June 2012- I took a break from obsessing over those two programs. I began to study for ACTs and start to finalize my college list. I think this is where I began to write all my college essays.
July 2012- CBYX app was out so I began to fill that out along with all my other college crap.
August 2012- I met some pretty amazing people on a CBYX group and made some fantastic people who I still talk to today. I began to really convince my mom that these applications were worth it. College apps were done and finished and submitted and ooh yeah.
September 2012/October 2012- YES Abroad and NSLI-Y apps were out and about. I finished NSLI-Y within two weeks but dragged to finish my YES app. I was majorly freaking out. I had honestly done about 15 applications by this point. I was burning out.
November/December 2012- Got rejected by NSLI-Y and didn’t give two cares in the world. jk it sucked but I got over it quickly, I still had CBYX and YES to look out for.. I was also deferred by my top university but accepted into my safety. Things were rocky but going good for me. Oh I also had my CBYX interview. Very chill. Very awesome.
January 2013/February2013- Things were going good, everything was calm. Then everyone began getting their semifinalist notifications on the last day of February and I freaked out major time again. Like I always do. But I also got into more of my colleges so life was peachy.
March 2013- I got an email saying I was a semifinalist for YES Abroad and that I would go to the IPSE in Chevy Chase, MD. Life was rockin. I met some amazing people who are really awesome, although all of them are younger than me. I honestly was terrified I wasn't going to stand out or be picked, there were SO many qualified kids.
April 2013- I received my CBYX finalist notification and then four days later I received notification from YES Abroad saying I was going to Malaysia! I hadn’t cried so much in forever. After discussing them with my mom I decided Malaysia was the way to go. Then I paid my deposit to enroll at NYU and submitted by deferral form!
So now it is almost May and I am just waiting on more news a.k.a an email from YES or another conference call. I’m also waiting on confirmation for my deferral.
I know this is long and quite honestly pointless but I promise things will get more interesting once I finish studying and taking all my official AP tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment